Troubleshooting & FAQ
Applying the Patch
How do I apply the patch properly?
- It is important to apply the patch on DRY skin. Clean the arm with the enclosed alcohol wipe and wait at least 30s for it to dry. You can wipe it dry if you need to.
- Remove the liner and press the middle of the patch firmly down onto the skin, then smooth the outside edges of the patch onto skin.
Can I wear the patch in locations other than my upper arm?
- The patch was calibrated to the upper arm. It may be worn on either the left or right upper arm.
Checking Module connection to Phone
How do I know if the MODULE is communicating with the phone?
- Open the app
- A blue check mark next to the module icon in the app means it IS communicating
- A black "X" next to the MODULE icon means it IS NOT communicating
- Try moving the phone closer to the MODULE and wait 10 seconds for the blue check mark to appear
- Wait at least 10 seconds. The app updates every 10 seconds
- If you still don't see anything, quit the app and restart it
- If that doesn't work, restart your phone and launch the app
- Still not working? See support services.
Uploading data at the end of the workday
How do I upload my sweat data?
- Go to the Sensor tab on the app and press the upload button
What if I press Upload and I receive a failure alert?
- Check to ensure you have a cellular or wifi connection?
- Ensure the MODULE is near your phone?
- Press Upload again
- Still not working? See Support Services
Frequently Asked Questions
I've been sweating for 30 minutes, should I see a recommendation?
- The MODULE has been designed to capture sweat over a 12-hour work shift. When wearing PPE, at high humidity and working at moderate workloads, it may take an hour before seeing a sweat signal
How do I clean the module?
- Use a damp cloth with soap & water or isopropyl alcohol. Do not submerge. Do not use benzene or acetone.
Can the Connected Hydration 3 be submerged in water?
- No.The Connected Hydration 3 module is designed to withstand sweat and moisture under PPE, but it may not function after full submersion in water.
- If the module gets wet, you do not need to replace it. It can withstand being splashed.
Can the Connected Hydration 3 be touched while being worn?
- Try to avoid touching the Connected Hydration 3 module unless you need to push the large alarm button or for removal. While touching the Connected Hydration 3 module will not hurt you or damage the device, it may affect the sensitive measurements being collected and thereby excessive touching could impact the accuracy of the hydration measurements.
The patch caused mild redness after wearing. What should I do?
- Skin sensitivity to adhesives could cause mild redness for some wearers. This should go away within a few hours. To reduce irritation from daily use, you may alternate between left and right upper arms. If you experience significant redness or irritation, discontinue use of the Connected Hydration 3.
What do I do if patch is half off or falls completely off during workshift?
- Remove patch. If you aren’t sweating, you may attach a fresh patch to the MODULE and apply it to your arm. If you are already sweating when you remove the patch, you should keep the module in a safe place and apply a new patch tomorrow when your skin is dry.
Do I need to turn off the patch at end of workshift?
- No. It will shut off by itself in 12 hours if you do not power it down.
What if I don’t agree with a hydration recommendation(s)?
- The hydration recommendations are based on the volume and electrolyte content you lost. The recommendation is the minimum amount you should replenish based on your personal sweat loss. Not all water intake is absorbed by your body. If you are thirsty, you should drink more. However, note that your intake should be spaced out over time. You should not drink more than 6 cups of water an hour.
If you encounter any challenges or issues with the Connected Hydration System, please reach out to us. Our support line phone number and email can be located on the install card that came with your module or from within the companion app.